Course USD(US Dollar)-HKD(Hong Kong Dollar) for today
Quotes USD/HKD for today .
The US central bank is called the Federal Reserve Bank (commonly referred to as "The Fed"). The USD is the most traded currency in the forex market and can be paired with all other major currencies. Common names for the USD include the greenback, buck, green, dough, smacker, bones, dead presidents, scrillas, and paper.
- Central bank: The Federal Reserve System (also known as the Federal Reserve, or the Fed)
- The USD (also called the greenback or buck) is the de facto global currency. Most commodities (including gold and oil) are priced in USD.
- The U.S.A. has by far the largest economy in the world.
- America faces challenges from developing economies, and has consistently large trade deficits with other nations.
Hong Kong Dollar
During the 19th century, Hong Kong used a variety of foreign currencies such as Indian Rupees, Spanish Dollars, Mexican Pesos, and Chinese coins for daily transactions. As a British colony, an attempt to standardize the currency system was made in 1825 by introducing Sterling coins. This currency, however, proved to be unpopular and foreign coins continued to circulate.
- Central bank (currency board): The Hong Kong Monetary Authority
- The Hong Kong dollar is the eighth most traded currency.
- Hong Kong has a free market economy. With few natural resources, it is highly dependent on international trade and finance.
- Hong Kong became a Special Administrative Region of China in 1997, and its economy is increasingly integrated with China through trade, tourism, and financial links.
- Hong Kong retains full legal autonomy over its currency.